Tuesday, June 17, 2008

MINI of MINE!

"Look! It's a mini coopa, its a mini coopa!"



Not only are they different cosmetically, Mini Coopers have this happy feeling about them. Happiness is just oozing out of them. (Just like the pig in the Pig of Happiness book. If you haven't read that book, Spencer has it and you can read it or he can recite it for you because he has it memorized word for word as well as a describe the pictures to you-- he has a perfect memory. next time you see him ask. trust me it will have you smiling) Back to the mini cooper, it IS the pig of happiness out on the road spreading and the positive energy everywhere. It is also like a little puppy that loves you and will do anything just to get a scratch under the chin but i think instead of a little scratch the car wants to drive really really fast. It is the perfect car to help me escape my safe little bubble i've been hiding in. I am excited.

Here is what mine will grow to look like. Laser Blue with a white top and white bonnet stripes! I was, at first going to go with white and black top and have no stripes at all but, luckily i had Beth to help me not let me crawl back into my bubble cave. (thanks, by the way) and i chose to go the brightest blue and added the racing stripes.
Here is my little guy on the assembly line in the giant factory-womb.These updates will be sent to me until my car is finished. When its all done they load it onto a boat and float it over here from Germany or somewhere i dont reaaly know.(i think its Germany because BMW makes it) This is my fist time buy "brand new car" and it is a mix of emotions but the car is already in production which is nice because backing out is not even an option anymore!


now it's just a waiting game



4 comments:

As Told By Molly said...

A mini that packs a major happy. It's YOU all over!


Start thinking of your personalized plate. I vote for SMRFETE (get it? Smurfette? Cuz it's blue and mini and you are so pretty!) You can thank me later.

Anonymous said...

everytime i hear "it's a mini coopa" i can't help but break into a hysterical frenzy of laughs. a moment of silence for the original boy who said it first....

ok. enough. YYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYY! FOR RACING STRIPES! i am so happppppyyyy!!!!! i told chase about your newest addition and he said he is going to steal it from you. so watch your back.

btw chels, thanks so much for co-signing for me! you are amazing! and thanks for standing up for me to that guy at the dealership! you were about to throw a right hook to the mouth on that guy! i could see it in your eyes! you're the best.

this is a long comment...desole beaucoup. ily!

Anonymous said...

...I have been enjoying watching your blog evolve, Darwin.
I knew you were a blogger at heart.

Quinn & Ogden Nash said...

It looks like the PERFECT car for a totally fun road to beautiful southern Utah!!!!!